Choose your experience in every moment!
Sometimes we need someone to listen, sometimes we need to feel supported and empowered. And sometimes we need a little help to find resolution.
Zara believes in the intrinsic value and enormous potential of every individual, despite their immediate achievements. This philosophy underpins Zara’s work. She aims to support individual resilience and impart skills to create the changes each individual seeks in life.
Her holistic approach incorporates a range of models, which include
- Person Centered approach
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational tools and techniques
- Psychotherapy for groups or individuals
- Relaxation Therapy
- Mindfulness and Body awareness practices
- Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Movement therapy
- Family Systems model
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Sand Play
Zara aims to assist you
- Cultivate hope and clear goals
- Support individual resilience
- Encourage a sense of universality
- Encourage gratitude, forgiveness and acceptance of responsibility
- Encourage altruism and cohesiveness
- Develop clear communication skills
- Develop beneficial skills to enhance your quality of life.
- Develop bodily awareness
- Increase your sense of wellbeing
- With information sharing
Zara is a call or email away, should you require assistance to manage any of these concerns!
Key areas of practice
- Personal growth and healthy lifestyle
- Interpersonal communication concerns
- Anxiety and stress management
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Mid-life transitions
- Direction review
- Gender and sexuality questioning
- Partner, family and parental challenges
- Pain management
- Addiction and recovery
- Group Psychotherapy
- One to one personal counselling
- Couple & group counselling
- Yoga Therapy
- Telephone & Skype counselling
- Individual counselling: $80 per hour or 6 prepaid sessions at $420
- Couple counselling: $130 per hour
- Group therapy [2 hour sessions]: $100 per person per session
- Skype and phone counselling: $60 per hour
Zara recognises self-exploration costs maybe an obstacle for seeking professional help for some. The limited ability to pay will not prevent a person from being offered my service. Low cost fees may be discussed to accommodate these specific situations.
Payment & cancellations
Payment is required at the time of each session
It is required that you give 24 hours notice of cancellation or if you need to reschedule. Otherwise you may be required to pay the full cost of the session booked.
Make an appointment with Zara for individual, couple or group session, one to one or via telephone or Skype.
Westpac Bank Account: Zara A Matthews
BSB: 734 033
Account: 618 643